Pages

Friday, September 3, 2021

My Quirky Quick Write

 Kia Ora bloggers, At the start of every literacy session we do a quick write. We have to take inspiration from a picture and write as much as we can in 10 minutes. After 10 minutes is done, The teacher goes on a spinner wheel with everyone's name and spins it. Whoever it lands on has to share what they write. Also each week we have a focus like this week is personification, and in other weeks we have done similes, metaphors, and Alliteration. Thursday's picture was a door that leads to nowhere and had wooden boats everywhere. Here is the picture and what I write about it.





3 comments:

  1. Hey Tayla,
    I love your post its so informative!!! I love your story It reminds me of when I did picture stories in Korimako, we still do some now it Toroa. Your use of personification is really good, I like the " sun is not smiling" that is a good way to represent it. Next time you could sign off your blog? Wrote something under your DLO like, "I hoped you liked my post and ill see you next week" just as an example. Always always enjoy reading your posts!
    Olivia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Tayla, I'm hooked! I want to read more! I love the way you have not only added personification but you have challenged yourself to add a simile and onomatopoeia. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a brilliant story Tayla! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post